AGYN is a youth led, non-profit and non-artisan organization which was founded in March 2017.
Inaugurated on 29th March following the successful summit with support of Rosatom among other sponsors.
It’s mandate is to bring together national networks for young professionals in nuclear field and other related disciplines.
It is a continental affiliate body to International Youth Nuclear Congress (IYNC),
It’s prime mission is to address the socio-economic issues of the continent through promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology in Africa.
AYGN works through its national networks in educating the general public and facilitating knowledge transfer from the current generation of leading nuclear experts (from the academia; radiation services providers; operators and regulators; and research industry) to the young generations. This is effectively done by offering a platform to share, exchange ideas and network on issues related to nuclear science and technology in Africa and globally.
To empower young nuclear professionals in the nuclear science and technology, and related supporting disciplines with emphatic and development skills.
To address the socio-economic issues of the African continent through promoting the peaceful uses of nuclear science and technology by educating the general public and facilitating knowledge transfer from the current generation of leading nuclear experts to the young generations.
- To mobilize young people across the continent within the nuclear science and technology fields
- cultivate and perpetuate an interest in nuclear science and technology through educational and promotion of peaceful use of nuclear energy,
- to empower the youth in acquisition of knowledge and skills, further utilization of their potentials and capabilities,
- to establish strategic alliance and liaison with other Youth or Young Associate networks and Societies within the African Continent for the development and betterment of the continent, and
- to establish recognition of this Network within the ambient of African Union Commission, African Commission on Nuclear Energy (AFCONE), AFRA, IAEA and ensure affiliation to International Young Nuclear Congress (IYNC).